Sunday 2 December 2012

It has to start somewhere.

I'm still very new to the Men's Rights Movement. Having felt lost and alone dealing with my own situation dealing with the family court system I started doing some research. I found the A Voice For Men website (www.avoiceformen.com) and realized I wasn't alone, in fact the majority of men dealing with the system are facing similar struggles. I've been listening to the A Voice For Men podcast for a couple months now, having been slowly but surely working my way through the archives, I couldn't believe the number of callers sharing stories, struggles, and frustrations similar to my own.

I'm still very much a novice within the movement, but that doesn't mean I can't see the forest for the trees. It's very clear to me the lies perpetuated by feminism and it's advocates. I've talked with many men in my area (Central Alberta) that are facing similar struggles but not feeling as if they have anywhere to turn. Most men I've spoken with have lost faith in the system, as well as the lawyers hired to represent them... Commonly complaining that the lawyers don't care, that they just want to get a paid and do what's in their own best interest not the interest of their clients.

Like so many other aspects of life the philosophy of "No one's looking out for me but me" seems to apply; and this is why I've taken it upon myself to educate myself. But we can switch that up guys, we can make it "No one's looking out for US but US". We all have time, talents, energy and resources we can contribute for our collective betterment. I'm starting this blog, as well as a Twitter (@RedDeerMRA) and Facebook account to bring us together, allow us to share our stories, and for us to help inform each other. 

The RATM song Guerrilla Radio comes to mind....
It has to start somewhere.
It has to start sometime
What better place than here?
What better time than now?
All Hell Can't Stop Us NOW!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment